Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dress Rehearsal

I'm (im)patiently waiting for KnitPicks to receive some colours in Palette so I can order it and finish start my Caller Herrin.  To date, I've done three different swatches and I'm still not 100% convinced that I have the right colour combo.   So for now, I've contented myself with practicing my technique.  Sort of like a dress rehearsal.  And sort of not.

Enter: Entomology Mitts



Verdict: meh.

As you can see, I didn't make it all the way to the final act.  I didn't see any reason to.  The floats in this pattern are pretty darn long (which I could have figured out before trying to tackle it, had I had half a brain).  Unfortunately, my abilities are still not up to snuff, so the floats make this entire thing pucker six ways from Sunday.

Still, who doesn't love a beetle?

Anyway, back to the grind for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment