Sunday, August 7, 2011

Forgiveness, please?

I am sorry for so much radio silence here, recently.

It's just that, if given the option between sitting inside in front of the computer, writing blog posts and  enjoying one of our increasingly rare SUMMER days by, say, going sailing on a friend's boat, the choice seems simple.






I love freckles, freckles are fun.  I love freckles, I wish I had just one...

Result of day out on sailboat:

1.  I want to learn how to sail.  More than I wanted to before.  Which is saying a LOT.
2.  My husband wants to learn to sail.  Bonus!  That means it will be less difficult to justify the cost of lessons and memberships in sailing clubs...
3.  I want a sailboat.
4.  I have a sunburn on my face.  Again.  Despite the 30 SPF.  What is WRONG with me?  I'm a TANNER, for crying out loud.  Sunburns just don't happen to me!
5.  I really really really want to learn how to sail.
6.  I now have only one half of one weekend day to do all the laundry, clean the house, do some painting (no, not the fun artsy kind, the boring wall kind), patch some drywall, cook some stuff, take the dogs for a long walk on the beach, bake some stuff, make a meal plan for the week, vacuum the dust buffaloes that have taken up residence in my kitchen (the space under the stove is a dark and scary place), maybe go out for a bike ride with a friend, do some sewing (?) and write a couple of blog posts so that you don't boycott me.

No worries, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment