Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hypothetically Speaking...

I put this out there to my Ravelry peeps this week, but I'm going to send it out to all of you, also:

If I was to set up a knitting retreat here (will not give out location details right now, but suffice it to say that I am smack-dab in the middle of the Canadian Maritimes) next summer, would any of you like to come?  And, more importantly, how much would you be willing to pay?

I am thinking it would last 5 days or so and I could accommodate 6-ish people (most of the cottages out here can hold that many, but we might be able to squeeze more if people were willing to camp out).  I would create a "package" price which would include the accommodations, food, transportation to and from the airport, transportation to and from any events/places we would visit during the retreat, possibly some demonstrations by local people (weavers, spinners, knitters, shearers, etc).  The only additional cost to you would be the transportation to my location (our local airport takes in flights from many major cities in the eastern half of the continent, so you'll all be able to fly in, if you choose) and any souvenirs you want to purchase while you're here.  I am not proposing this as a way to make money for myself - as a recovering student (with the massive loan payments to prove it), I am deeply committed to keeping costs as low as possible for everyone.

So, what do you think?  Is this do-able?  Is there interest?  Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish I could!! That sounds absolutely fabulous. Unfortunately, I have a job that is at its busiest in the summer and a family who demands my constant attention, so I don't think I could. I've always wanted to visit the Maritimes and doing so while knitting sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete