Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lace. The New Frontier.


I told you that the first shawl was a gateway project, didn't I?

Well, I wasn't kidding.  I started a Hemlock Ring Blanket with the yarn my grandmother gave me last summer:



It looks like a giant jellyfish, doesn't it?  The yarn is an acrylic/cotton/linen blend.  I hate hate HATE acrylic, but am not one to look gift yarn in the mouth.  Besides, I've decided that I'm making it for her anyway.  She obviously liked the yarn, as she had bought it to make herself a sweater and gave it all to me when her arthritis got in the way.

I love it and can't wait to start another one (for me, maybe?) in wool.  It's so much easier than I thought it would be.  Not something I'd give to a beginner, of course.  But if you're knitting sweaters, mittens or socks, you're ready for lace, by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment