Sunday, October 31, 2010

In for an penny, in for a pound


 I'm starting to look so much like my mother, it's frightening.  I think it's because, as I get older, the 20 years separating us disappear and I start to look more like her younger sister than her daughter.
 



I made a trip to the Mill yesterday.  It was a miserable day (first snow fall in our neck of the woods), but I really wanted to go because it was their last weekend for the season.  You see, they usually close down on the weekends all winter, with the exception of a few special events just before Christmas.  Except, they let me visit anytime, because I'm cool like that.  Seriously, I call ahead to see if someone will be around, and then I just go and hang out.  I know.  My life is really hard.

ANYWAY, I made several astounding discoveries yesterday:

1. They have a long-arm quilting machine that I never noticed.  Oh. My. God.  You know what this means, right?  I can finish my quilt top and bribe talk Hazel into selling me some wool batting, AND quilting it for me with some simple straight lines.  That way, it simplifies the process and I won't be as bitter if when the damn thing gets destroyed by careless humans and/or canines.  When I asked her if she'd do it, she kind of said "Hmmm, eeerrrrr, weeeeelll, uuuuhhh, weeeeell, maybe."  She'll come around, you'll see.  I'll knit her some socks or something.  Or I'll volunteer to help them move stuff around.  BECAUSE:

2.  The lady who was doing their weaving retired and they are selling their (very) large automatic loom.  They seem somewhat relieved to be getting rid of it, as it's huge and takes up tons of prime real estate.  It's really big.  I've seen garden sheds smaller than that beast.  ALSO:

3.  The extra space they are gaining is going to be used to display SPINNING WHEELS BECAUSE THEY HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME ASHFORD DEALERS!!!!!  THEY HAVE A JOY WHEEL IN STOCK!

THAT SOUND YOU ARE HEARING IS ME HYPERVENTILATING!!!  AND I'VE ACTUALLY HAD 24 HOURS TO GET USED TO THE IDEA - YOU SHOULD HAVE HEARD ME YESTERDAY, WHEN I FOUND OUT!

4.  THEY ARE ALSO GOING TO BE OFFERING SPINNING CLASSES!!! GAH.

THERE IS TOO MUCH OXYGEN GOING TO MY BRAIN.  LOSS OF CONSCIOUSNESS IS IMMINENT.

I'm done for.  I may as well simply hand my paycheques over to them directly.  It's less complicated that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment