Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Huh. Cool.

I don't have a fancy sewing machine.  It was a birthday gift....7...8...years ago (geez, it makes me feel old when I can't remember how many years it's been since college).  My husband bought it for me at Sears and it was probably in the $200 range.  It's a Singer it has all of 5 different stitch options.

Simple.  Un-screwupable.  I can thread it in my sleep.

I've never really tried to do much with it, experiment-wise (though it HAS made a wedding dress):





 It has served me well but lately I've been feeling the itch to try some new stuff with it.  Like how about sewing my own yoga gear?  Or what about pin tucks and smocking?  More top stitching, for sure.


And then tonight, I read this article on using a double needle.

Hmmmm.  Vewy vewy eentewesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment