Thursday, May 6, 2010

In another life...

..I was a musician.

Just not in this life.  I am so completely musically DIS-inclined that it's laughable.  I am totally tone deaf.  I couldn't sing on key if my life depended on it.  I've tried to learn to play the guitar and it was like running uphill against the wind.  Mission: Impossible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  I have no false modesty.  I know what I'm good at and I take pride in the things I can do.  I can accept that I can't sing and I can laugh at my lack of musical inclination.

Except that I LOVE music.  I really really really do.  I've loved it since I was a sprout.  I live with music and a day that I forget my earbuds at home is a bad day.  I listen to music almost all day long.  I need to have it playing in my ears in order to focus on my work.

So, here's what I'm getting at: I have discovered CBC (that's the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation - our national/public broadcaster) Radio 2.  I'm not entirely sure what took me so long to get on the bandwagon, but I guess I discounted it because our radios at home can't properly *catch* the signal.  BUT, my car radio is fine.  And I can listen online.

Oh dear, I'm in trouble now:



(more available here)

And now:



And some girls I went to high school with (seriously, I can't believe how big these girls have made it - to me, they'll always be the bratty 10th graders I remember them being):



Good times.  These people make me wish I could I sing.  Then again, they're so good at it that I don't really mind being the one doing the listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment